Startin' Out Fine

Ya'll know there is but one proper way to start a new week, one correct way to start a new year. This time around we got a two for one deal, and I am sure many of you took advantage - to start the first week of 2024 with a ride. I know I did. Got all the decorations packed away for another eleven months, did some planting, some pruning, moved some potted trees around, got the dog on a good long walk, watched the Hawkeye's get all beat up 😖 by the Volunteers (least ways until I couldn't take any more), then got out in the afternoon, with the sun warm on my face and the wind, mysteriously, always at my back.

I don't know about you, but 2023 continued a succession of years in which my riding mileage has gone nowhere but down; fewer miles each year for, I don't know how many years now. That's something I am determined to fix in 2024. Today was a good start in that direction, and we've got such a great local cycling community that it should be no problem starting a new upward trend.

"... It's the same all over
Well, It's the same all over
Well, it's the same all over, good people everywhere you go

Oh well, 2024
Is startin' out fine
I got my Verta
And we're having a good time..."

(hopefully the guys of Canned Heat won't mind me switching out the date too much)

So long 2023, hello 2024 - we're goin' to make you a good one!

as great as it was getting Out There this afternoon, I've got a little grumbling to do...

someone's put some little speed bumps in this sections of trail. this one's not so bad; it does wreck the flow, but is a chance to get airborne...

this one doesn't really add anything to the experience, but you can just ride around it (if you look closely, you will notice that Coyote doesn't think much of it either, and left his own, unique, opinion)

this used to be a trail, but the road crew got a little carried away and turned it into something else

there used to be some rocks here - not much of a challenge, but at least something. now it is just run of the mill, so come on guys, lets not boresize (I know, not a real word) everything Out There

Comments