It's the Weekend: Friday on My Mind



This may have been a short work week, but on Tuesday after a week off, I still had Friday on my mind,

"...Today I might be mad, tomorrow I'll be glad
'Cause I'll have Friday on my mind..."
(Young & Vanda) 

More than anything, I suppose, it was the ride I was expecting to take in the afternoon once Friday arrived. Yea, that was it, that was why Friday was on my mind from Tuesday, through Wednesday and on to Thursday. And a nice zig-zag loop at Bonelli Park it was, riding some trails and roads I hadn't rolled along in quite a long while, even a couple I had never done before. 

Not sure what the event on the North shore is / was. Since it is a Friday, I am guessing the stage, the lighting, the cameras all over the place, photographers scouting out vantage points, even the stretch of closed trail was for something big this weekend. Just be aware if you ride there this weekend, you may be forced to make a short detour around via Puddingstone Drive (as I was today). That didn't matter much to me, 'cause I had Friday on my mind, and a whole weekend stretched out after that.

Whatever you're doing, make it good.

a little flow of water still

Joat (Mount Baldy)



never been on this trail before
(and if you squint enough you may make out the buildings of downtown LA in the distance)

Ontario Peak (mostly hidden to the left) & Cucamonga Peak in full view

Comments

Post a Comment