Monday Blues: What Don't They Understand?

 


What is it about gates and bollards and other traffic obstructing devices that some people don't seem to understand? Maybe it's just me, but it seems as if those are things you should avoid. I mean unless you're driving a Patton tank, or some more modern equal, when you run your vehicle into heavy solid steel cylinders the result will be critical, if not fatal, damage. Time and again, when I'm out on my bike I come across evidence suggesting that someone has attempted to test that idea, most recently (above) heading into Harvey Mudd College. How many times has that poor gate outside Bonelli Park been battered and smashed? And then, of course, there was this recent example along the Pacific Electric Trail in Upland:


While I came upon the PET head-scratcher while riding the Heights / PET Loop a couple weeks ago, I didn't stop to take a photo - the one above is from the Friends of the Pacific Electric Trail on FB. Stupid, I know, but I guess what they say is true, there are some things you just can't fix.

Comments