Up Against a Stone

 Valerie June came up on the Ipod late in the day at work - it was a triple play song, meaning I pressed replay twice before I moved on. As it turned out, Pushing Against a Stone proved to be the song of the day; you see there has been a lot of stone pushing around here lately - someone pushes a bunch of little boulders one way, spreading a little gap between 'em, them someone else comes along and pushes 'em back together, almost like they don't want to leave a little gap. That back and forth pattern seems to be repeating day after day. The little game to see who blinks first has been going on for a good week now. Seems like a kind of waste of energy if you ask me.


"Bleeding blazing hot
Hot as the sun
Fortune teller told a tale
Of things to be done
Been pushin' my weight up against a stone
And I believe to my soul it's time to move on
There you go, There you go..."
(Auerbach, Augunas, Ochoa, Hockett)

sunbeam slicing through the gap between Potato Mountain and Sunset Peak

collecting

leg bone?

Comments