Overlooking the Obvious

Wrapping a little plumbers tape on the threads,  that has always fixed the problem in the past.  I had just bought the frame a few months earlier and built it up with little problem. Then the creaking sounds started and nothing I did made any difference. Creak, creak, freakin' creak. After explaining it to Steve, at the local bike shop, he said "no problem, a little plumbers' tape will take care of it." And it did, that time, and any time since. Invariably, the creaking always came from the bottom bracket. Well, most recently, the creaking started again a few weeks ago, and got progressively worse until, after last weeks' Ladies & Gents Ride, I decided enough was enough. The sound sure seemed to be coming from the saddle, but no, it would again end up being the b.b., so off came the cranks and out came the bottom bracket. After applying a little tape and getting the mess back together I grabbed ahold of the saddle to lift the bike off the work stand and creak, creak, freakin' creak. Damnit, after all that I guess there was a reason it sounded like the saddle. Obviously. 

the Ladies & Gents will be starting to gather over there soon

the long, straight road








crows and clouds

bald eagle chasing a crow

Go Gauchos!

Comments

  1. Excellent post Michael! very nice images with excellent info. I am also writing in my blog, would love to see you in my blog also https://bikessumo.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment