Where I stole the Mar-juh-reen


A smallish group of pancake aficionados came out this morning. To partake. Of chocolate chip flapjacks, chorizo potatoes, sausage and bacon, strawberries and cantaloupe, and coffee. Those who got lucky in the morning even won a raffle prize. But maybe I am projecting. Maybe people were not actually there for the griddle cakes and other fare. Maybe they were there simply to make a small contribution for the Junior State Road Race Championships to be held out in Victorville in June.

Somewhere between the riding over there, and the writing over here I got to thinking of the strangeness that is Frank Zappa:

"Yes indeed, here we are!
At Saint Alfonzo's Pancake Breakfast
Where I stole the mar-juh-reen...

I saw a handsome parish lady
Make her entrance like a queen...

As she abused a sausage pattie
And said why don't you treat me mean...

At Saint Alfonzo's Pancake Breakfast
Where I stole the mar-juh-reen."

If you weren't there I hope you have a darned good excuse, err rather, I hope your weekend kicked off in equally fine fashion.

Well, I see by the hands of the clock, it is just about time to head out for a little "new kit" party before heading off to DTLA for the Point of No Return 40th Anniversary Tour concert. I never did get to see Kansas in concert in my younger years, but I hear they still put on a good show. It is going to be one of those "no rest for the wicked" weekends. See you out there sometime, somewhere.


raffle time


chef Alfie Sanchez

someone I know got lucky this morning - with three free entries for the Victor Valley Bicycle Tour

getting ready to roll out for a little post-meal ride

Comments