Finally a Friday: Close-Ups

And I don't mean Tamara F. F., although she seemed to have the same idea as me this fine Friday afternoon - laps around the lago.

You know, the past couple mtb days it has sounded as if a family of tit-mice have made a home in my bottom bracket - all tweet, tweet, tweet and squeak, squeak, squeak; how they got in there I haven't a clue (I thought b.b.'s were all sealed these days). Though I can take the crank arms off, I don't have the tool to get in any further to set them free,  so I guess I will have to take it into the shop, or give the Local Bike Stand a call. It is getting both worse, and annoying. 

Anyway... I hardly ever set out on a ride having settled on some theme; usually it is enough effort just to decide were to go. Today, though, something stuck me, and I do mean that damned shrub that, again, got me twice on the right arm. Beside that, something stuck in my mind, something that suggested today might be a good day for close-ups, so close-ups it is:

green waters

thistle

 waving grass

log drop

old sign

bird poop on pavement

limb

limb

stream bottom

Baldy's clouds

thistle

rest in peace

black arrow

pink arrow

black walnut shell

clam shell

rock rose

drying up

sea anemones

prickly heart

monkey flower
what girl with weed?

bouquet

move along little caterpillar

damn, i dropped a date

how many spokes ended the ride with little mustard bouquets? at least four


Whether you are heading out to the Ride for Rwanda, waiting for Saturday evening's Pomona Crit, or finding your own thing to do, here's to seeking out a weekend of all things good!

By the way, if you notice that the Mt. Baldy Road is looking a little cleaner, thank the Claremont Senior Bicycle Group - the mrs. joined them for their regularly scheduled trash pick up today.

Comments