Two Wheel Tuesday: Bug Juice


"E'ry thing okay there?" 

Yea, sure. Should it not be?

"I don't know, just asking. Your arms look kind of green."

Oh, the bu....

From the other side: "Dude, your arms, nice green tone, but Saint Paddy's was a month ago."

Really? They look green? Hmmmm... Oh, it must be the bug juice. 

"Bug juice?" What's that? Some kind of sun screen? Kind of late in the day isn't it? I mean the sun set twenty minutes ago.

No, no, not sun screen. At least I don't think it has any such qualities. Bug juice!

The puzzled looks demanded an explanation, so: The bugs were thick tonight - medium size flying ones, itty-bitty little ones, even a few bigger ones Every few feet I would ride through another swarm They would get thickly trapped by my arm hair; I couldn't very well flick each one free while riding, that's just not practical, so you know... the easiest way to take care of the problem is to rub your gloved hand against your arm and, well, you know... bug juice.

Bug juice or not I was enjoying my Chef Milo tacos after the ride, but the bug juice conversation was, perhaps, not so compelling. 

Just then "the instigator" came through the door. Maybe now things will get interesting. You can count on the instigator, I thought, as he took the neighboring barstool.  Problem is, perhaps remembering the last time one of his conversations made its way into a post at this here blog, the instigator has mellowed, at least when I'm around. The most I could get out of him was something about a retirement non-party (still not mine Janette, another day closer, but years away). So, yeah, May twenty-firoreaoufesdlfnesh, there should be some interesting stories at La Verne Brewing Company that day.


Comments