Two Wheel Tuesday: Battered


Truth is that barrier saved me from a wet ride. If not for it that wind would have picked me up and dropped me into the water, and it was enough of a struggle to maintain a straight line across the dam, the most exposed place on the loop, without having to worry about that. I am guessing that Bonelli gets winds like that frequently enough, but I can't recall ever riding in them before this Two Wheel Tuesday. Two laps for me, flogged less by the trail, more by those seven-foot stalks of mustard being whipped around, grabbing at bars, trying to derail my chain. The creaking, squeaking, snapping limbs of trees, especially though the jungle, were a bit unnerving. Somewhere between the first pass through and the second, the ground had become littered with small and medium sized branches. Snap, crackle, and I kept expecting the pop of a larger one coming down on my head. But that was not to be and I made it back to the club house (La Verne Brewing Company), where the brews were clearing the dust and bugs from throats and loosening those lips, just fine. Speaking of which, never fear, what happens on Catalina, stays on Catalina.

there is a mountain biker in there






making waves

I may have been heading out the door, but the party inside was shifting into high gear.

Comments