Weekend C&V (and More) at the Velo


 



In the course of this day's ride, I stopped in at the Velo, World's Smallest Bike Shop to see and catch up with Dale. This is the Velo's sixteenth year now, can you believe it? I remember riding past, along Foothill during road rides back at the beginning, seeing him out there with the line up of bikes out front. I didn't know what to make of the place at first, and it took me a few rides past before I decided the funky little Velo was legit and stopped by to see what was up. I've always enjoyed our visits over the years, catching up, checking out the stock of refurbished vintage and classic bikes, the new model ones, and of course, picking out the Origin8 and the Hakkalugi in the process. There is one fine selection of new model mountain bikes out front right now - Scott and Trek among them, a nice Raleigh road bike, multiple cruisers, and the stretch low rider pictured here, dusty and in need of some new tubes to be stuffed into those tires, but otherwise ready to ride. Check 'em all at the Velo.






Comments