Monday Blues: Grifting

 I don't know how many of you read the Los Angeles Times so i will share this for those who don't. So, apparently, there is a guy who the Times refers to as an "anti-aging guru" who will sell you, for $333 a month, a supply of supplements to help you stave off death, because "death is optional." He confesses to taking one-hundred supplements on a daily basis. His daily routine also includes about "two dozen exercises." Okay on that last one I suppose, but then he also sleeps with a monitor connected to his penis to count the number of nighttime erections. 

Laughing out loud yet?

I'm sorry, I didn't need to have taken any science classes (though I did) to know that EveryThing in this world ages - every plant, every animal, every construct of human invention, even the very planet itself ages. I have never understood what makes people think they can cheat, or even escape, the process when whatever evidence they need is all around them. I don't know how long this dude is going to live by taking his 100 supplements a day, but I suspect it won't be any longer than me taking my gummy multi-vitamin once every few days, or however often it crosses my mind to do so.

I don't know what makes people fall for this nonsense, but grifters have been pulling the wool over peoples' eyes for a long time and I see no end to it in sight. Just for the hell of it I've got a one word alternative, and I'm going to substitute that one word with a picture:


I tell you, just looking at that picture extended my life by... I don't know how long (maybe not any longer) but it certainly improved the quality of it, and that is far better than swallowing a hundred tablets of snake oil.

No hype in the world is going to extend your life, or make it better, but if you pursue a life of quality, no matter how long it turns out to be, you're already ahead of the game.

Comments