Bigfoot and Killer Cowapoos

Holy-moly, what have I been missing up there in the Claremont Hills? I mean, there is a lot to see out there in the wash, even after all the rides I have taken there over the years, but to catch a glimpse of Bigfoot, and Killer Cowapoos (whatever those are)...

I'd trade a days' worth of wash riding. 

Just not this day. With water flowing in the stream I thought to follow it down its course, or roughly so. Standing on the brink and looking south I saw a rider in white slowly traversing his way along the road above the upper sink. I had been there minutes earlier, but the expanse of wilderness between there and where I was now and knowing that the bike would have to be carried or pushed the whole distance, was daunting and a challenge, perhaps, not worth taking up. The sky was growing darker, but I plunged off and over the edge, using chunks of broken asphalt as steps and easing around the sharp ends of yucca leaves. Less obvious, the dried sharp branches of chamise clawed my legs. I figure there is not a lot of Out There I have not rolled along or trod, but the expanse between the upper sink and the edge of the 24th Street work area further up the wash is one of them.


the Ribes are blooming, can those spiky berries be far behind

wheels in water




along Powerline...

and that little stretch of path between Indian Hill and Forbes

Comments

  1. I've traversed that section, but there is little to recommend it. It's the whack of the bush.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment