Slow Sunday Scenes: Blue Sky


 "Walk along the river, sweet lullaby
It just keep on flowing
They don't worry 'bout where it's goin', no, no
Don't fly mister blue bird
I'm just walking down the road
Early morning sunshine tell me all I need to know...

Good ol' Sunday morning bells are ringing everywhere...
You're my blue sky, you're my sunny day..."
(Betts)

How 'bout that blue sky this morning, about as blue as it could be,
and those flat-top clouds, they looked like they were dropping rain, but it was rain that didn't make it anywhere near the ground. A fine morning for a lazy Sunday, the kind of morning the Allman Brothers Band would sing about.

A spin through the wash, the farmers' market, coffee and donuts at Nosy Neighbors, too many drivers, a few riders who know the better way, sharing a red light with that SC Velo rider, and cruising back through the quiet areas of the Colleges. I'll take that for a start to the day anytime.









Comments