2023 Coffeeneuring, Ride #2

 Unfortunately, we were out of coffee this morning; fortunately Tamera fixed that by walking up to the grocery where she picked up a nice bag of dark roast - Peet's Major Dickason's Blend. Once she'd had a cup, I stole the rest of the pot, secure in a thermos along with my favorite hecho en mexico mug, stuffed both into my camelbak and headed out the door...


Man, I rode awfully poor this morning, but it was a satisfying awfully poor, if you know what I mean. That portion of a week in the eastern Sierra followed by another week off the bike just did not serve my riding well. I was determined to get at least one coffeeneuring ride in the Out There, and while I could have done a very minimal ride to qualify (two miles), that just wasn't going to cut it. So, I pushed up and over the dam, and had the first cuppa in the hollow of the little willow and cottonwood grove at the bottom of the Buckwheat Trail.

surprised to see penstemon blooming...

but not the Rabbitbrush, which had many Cabbage White Butterflies fluttering around the yellow flowers

in the hollow of the willow grove


the lone cottonwood




The second cuppa came after most of the single track had been run and I found myself on the shore of the last of the little ponds. At least here, as opposed to the willow grove which was standing room only, there was a boulder to sit on and look out over the water. A little frog came swimming over to see what I was up to. Just coffee, little dude, just coffee.



Good to see two of my mountain biking neighbors out there - RM and SF. Not unusual to see one or the other, but both on the same day is a rarity. Alright then, on to Coffeeneuring ride #3... maybe even tomorrow.

Comments