I Gotta Ramble On

 "Leaves are falling all around
It's time I was on my way
Thanks to you I'm much obliged
For such a pleasant stay..."


You know, sometimes there is nothing better than just ambling around with no set plan to conform to, just drift from turn to turn with nothing more than whim to point the way. Errand may have been the heart of the matter behind the morning ride, but nothing said the to and fro had to be determined by the straight and narrow, the bee line.

"...But now it's time for me to go
The autumn moon lights my way
For now I smell the rain
And with it pain
And it's headed my way..."

So it's turn here, then maybe this way rather than that way, then hey, haven't been over there in a while, so why not. Down this street, through that parking lot, along the sidewalk behind the farmers' market tents, across to the park, crossing the park, up this other street, along this side path, peek in the gallery windows, ah, the white giant in full glory this morning, splash through the Cube's moat, around the farm, over to the garden, walk through the little citrus grove beside the Grove House, up this street to home... no, wait, turn on this street first, wind through that neighborhood (maybe there are some plants set out on the curb again), now cross this street, wind around little park, and home again. And all because I chose to drop off my ballot by bike - so much more to see when done that way.

"...Ah, sometimes I grow so tired
But I know I've got one thing I got to do

Ramble on...
I gotta ramble on...
It's time to ramble on..."
(Page & Plant)

down this path "the White Giant" Eucalyptus in morning light
(photos just never seem to capture how it stands out)

the Knoll Tree still there

don't know why these compost bins were never placed back around the campuses

one of the city's painted utility boxes

Sanctuary Coffee at the Honnold

Grove House chimney from the grove

California Buckeye

Comments