From the Archives: KAS Water Bottle

 

This was up in the cupboard for a number of years, enough years that I don't even remember its provenance, though I am pretty sure I would have picked it up at one bike swap or another. The one thing I am sure of is that I got it because of Sean Kelly, who raced with the KAS team for the 1986 to 1988 seasons, and during which he tallied some of his biggest wins. Included on that list are two points classifications, two combined classifications and a general classification in the Vuelta a Espana, two of his Paris-Nice wins, two Tour of the Basque Country wins, one Milan-Sanremo, a Paris-Roubaix, and a Ghent-Wevelgem. Not that this particular bottle belonged to the King (not that I know of), and I am not even sure if it was a team issue design or something else. Most photos seem to show a white bottle with the KAS logo sandwiched between yellow stripes above and blue stripes below. This, with its narrow nipple suggests an older design, but I can't pin it down to any date.

Comments