Trade Offs

 

You know something, I have put myself in that very same spot. Sure, being so close to the race announcing speakers you've got to put up with some extra volume, but there is not a lot of competition for space and you can, usually, find yourself with an unobstructed view of the finish line. It's a trade off. 

Anyway, as you can maybe gather, I did indeed get out to Manhattan Beach for the 59th (I know, I mistakenly claimed it was the 60th) Grand Prix today. Let me tell you, it was just as big and boisterous as it ever has been. The southern California classic that Ted Ernst (who by the way made his annual enthusiastic interview appearance) shows no sign of letting up. 

With all the photos and write-up that needs to take place now, I don't imagine the race post to be ready before Tuesday, but check back in as you will, there is much more to come...

Comments