A Ghost Bike for Debbie Morgan-Alam

 Debbie Morgan-Alam


I am her.
You are her.
She could be any one of us at any given moment on any given day.
And so we ride.
Family, friends, community.
We all are her.
And so we remember.


the gathering

the riding


Though it was difficult to hear all of what was being said, there were several words that rang loud and clear:

Love - Family - Friends

Words to carry with us as we rode back to our homes, our own families, our other friends.




When I got back home I put on some music. The second song to play was this by Neil Young:

"...Feel like I'm falling
Falling off the face of the earth
Falling off the face of the earth

Oh...

I just want to tell you
You sure mean a lot to me
It may sound simple
But you are the world to me
It's such a precious thing...

I just want to thank you
For all the things you've done...
That's my message of love
For all the things you did
I can never thank you enough..."
(Young)

In addition to Debbie's own Ride Yourself Fit club members, Los Angeles' Major Taylor Cycling Club, the Psycho-lists, Cycling Connection, and numerous other clubs were represented

you can see them in the background, and they were thanked at the scene, but I want to add my own words of appreciation to the Rancho Cucamonga Police Department for having a couple patrol cars there for traffic control. it takes a community.


A nineteen year old driver. A blood alcohol level three times the legal limit, they say. Marijuana in her system, they say.

Comments