This Bud's for You, 6 July

 The recipient of this weeks' Bud's crown was so far ahead of anyone else that I got tired of waiting, rode over to the brew house for a couple tacos and a pint, rode back to the finish, and still had to wait another minute and eight seconds for the group to come into view down at the end of the road. He was so far ahead that I wasn't sure he was actually part of the ride and didn't take a photo as he rode across the line. He was so far ahead that after he crossed the line Diana, who was standing next to me, kindly said, "you know, doofus, you just missed the winner. You ride all the way out here for that single moment, and what do you do? You miss it! Sheesh!"

so, after missing the finish, i figured to get a shot as he came back around - just not my night,
but hey, the background is in focus


 "I am a passenger
And I ride, and I ride
I ride through the city's backsides
I see the stars come out in the sky
Yeah, they're bright in a hollow sky...

He rides and he rides...

He sees things that he knows are his
He sees the bright and hollow sky...

And all of it is yours and mine
And all of it is yours and mine
So let's ride and ride and ride and ride..."
(Osterberg & Gardiner)

Michael thought it was funny

the group

3rd

the line is fine, but "Buds Finish" could use a little touch up

Comments