Rattlesnake Trail

 


"... I'm going for the kill.
I'm going tooth and nail
Up that dusty hill on the rattlesnake trail...



Got the law laid down to the left of me.
Got the real world to the right.
Heading up through the middle...
Yeah, looking for a fight..

Going to be with wolves in winter
Run in angry packs by day...

See that thin moon on the mountain.
See that cold star in the sky.
Going to bring them down
Shake them to the ground...

Up that dusty hill
On the rattlesnake trail.
The rattlesnake trail..."
(Anderson)






Quite frankly I don't know what Ian Anderson was trying to say in that song. He has had some strange lyrics come out of his head (don't get me started on that Aqualung song). Thing is, when you're looking for rattlesnake songs, there's not a lot to choose from - and I suppose I could have used that Blackfoot one, but maybe next time. 

Anyway...

I crossed paths with that feller yesterday. A good looking snake if ever there was one, though not so big as some. Rattler was pretty cool and calm, didn't shake his booty even once. Rattler just laid there, soaking up the last little bit of sun while I took some photos, then casually turned and disappeared into the grass.


the out there

coyote dropped this jawbone in the middle of the trail. i don't know if it was already cracked, or if it cracked because i ran right over it

There is a lot to see in the out there, and a three day weekend to see some of it, maybe...
starting with the Ride Around Pomona this morning. See ya out there.

Comments