Ibis Nights: Dove Hunting

 "... So, they teach me the sweet lesson,
That the humblest may give
Help and hope, and in so doing,
Learn the truth by which we live;
For the heart that freely scatters
Simple charities and loves,
Lures home content, and joy, and peace,
Like a soft-winged flock of doves."
(My Doves, Louisa May Alcott)


Shhhh, he's up there. Proving me wrong, by the way. Proving that they don't only perch on the chainlink fence looking away from the setting sun. I guess it is alright to perch other places too, even a photovoltaic panel will do. 

I had been searching all evening, trying to get one on film, but failed each time. It was really becoming a drag, man. I could get close, sometimes very close, but ultimately, with whistling wings they would always fly off before I even realized they were there. But then there was the one; perhaps perched high enough above the ground to contain his natural fear. And then he puffed out his neck and chest, and coo, hoo-hoo hoo. A couple times he called, but there was no answer.



Comments