Something Spooky Out There


Almost four weeks ago now I distinctly heard someone riding up fast behind me, but there wasn't anyone in sight. Kind of creepy, but didn't happen again, so I just kind of filed under "hearing things" and forgot about it. Now tonight, same place, I did not hear someone riding up fast behind me. But I did hear someone behind me come to a sudden skidding stop. I somewhat tensed up, half expecting impact, but no one ran into my rear wheel. Indeed, no one was even there. Once is one thing, twice is something else. It is getting weird Out There.


As for that shirt in the top photo - I hate to confess it, but several years ago I let my membership in the IMBA lapse. This year, I notice that if I were to join at a certain level I would get a Club Ride shirt as thanks. That extra incentive hooked me good, and when I got home after my spooky ride, there it was - cool! Don't go looking for the offer, it was limited time, but maybe they'll do it again.

Comments