From the Archives: Mountain Bikers 1987

 Not a lot of relative photos qualify for a From the Archives post, but these two folks (cousin + husband) shown astride their mountain bikes is one that certainly does. Maybe living in Davis, California has something to do with it, maybe not. I don't know where I got the idea that the photo was taken in China, but there is no mention of that in the inscription on the back, nor any other reference to location for that matter, so I don't really know where it was taken. Mountain biking was not new in 1987, but it wasn't far out of adolescence either. Whatever, they still had me beat by some fifteen years since I didn't buy my first mtb until 2002. What makes this From the Archives ever more special is that on this day, seventy years ago, Mary and Bud were married. Happy Anniversary!



Comments