New Kit Day

 Oh man. When new kit day happens on a Monday, and you're faced with looking at the next weekend from the maximum distance [sigh], what are you going to do?.Sure there are the night rides, but they are in the dark, and whose going to see then. Hmmm, hey, are you sure New Kit Day isn't an official office holiday, boss? No? Seems like it should be, grumble, mumble, mumble.


I can't speak for anyone else, but it seems like as good a reason as any to head home early, take an afternoon off. Ah well, if cyclists ran the world, things would be different. 

When I head out on a ride, a loop or whatever, and I know I'll be riding through the campuses of the Claremont Colleges, there is little chance I will be wearing anything other than UCSB kit, just waiting for someone to call out, Go Gauchos! Stopping by some sporting event taking place (I know the Colleges are a different division, but they often play D1 teams anyway, sometimes even USC and UCLA) and I'll be like, that's right UCSB is in the house now! Anyway, as usual, thanks go out to UCSB Cycling for making the kit available to all us alumni. Gotta represent.

Comments