Circling Sky

 

So, once again an egomaniac with too much power at his disposal has thrown the world into chaos.

"... Dogs of war and men of hate
With no cause we don't discriminate
Discovery is to be disowned
Our currency is flesh and bone
Hell opened up and put on sale
Gather round and haggle
For hard cash we will lie and deceive
Even our masters don't know
The webs we weave

One world it's a battleground
One world and we will smash it down
One world... one world..."
(Gilmour, Moore)



While one narcissist could be neutralized after four years, not so much this one and the innocents will suffer while he deals their lives like a deck of cards in a deadly game of poker.

"Into the distance a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a windswept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
A fatal attraction that's holding me fast
How can I escape this irresistible grasp

Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky
Tongue-tied and twisted
Just an earth-bound misfit. I..."
(Gilmour, Moore, Carin, Ezrin)

Once set in motion where will it end? The power they seek to fill the deficits in their hearts; will their heads explode as they sit upon their toilets of gold.

"The sweet smell of great sorrow lies over the land
Plumes of smoke rise and merge into the leaden sky
A man lies and dreams of green fields and rivers
But awakes to a morning with no reason for waking..."
(Gilmour)



Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky indeed. Waking, reading all the stories about Ukraine, people dying for the homes, country, freedom, a pathetic, useless trucker convoy, but then being able to ride up canyon, into the mountains, circling sky, explore. I really need to start bringing jeans every time though. Those off the beaten trail wanders - if the yuccas don't get me, the barbed wire does. One hiker caught me pushing the bike through a particularly rocky section and commented, "a little bit rough, huh?" Just one of the things you've got to put up with, I responded. I tell ya, though, those push a bike sections seem to get longer each time I go up canyon. Anyway, I stood at the base of the slope up which opens the Red, White & Blue mine - yeah, another reason I need to bring pants... and water shoes. I still gotta go in; photos outside the portal just won't do. You either accept the challenge to play, or sit on the sideline. Oh, and keep a fortune cookie fortune on the bathroom window ledge where it can be seen each morning, just for a reminder.

Comments