Cat on a Bike Burrito Bag



"Psst. Whatcha got in there?" It was a quietly asked question, uttered from the cover of nearby Brittlebush and boulders.

I knew who it was from the tone. I also knew the direction the next questions were going to take. Stuff, I answered.

"Food stuff? Burrito, maybe?"

No burrito. No other food either.

"Ohhh. Well that's disappointing. I thought, maybe, a burrito. I hoped a burrito."

Yeah, well just because it is known as a burrito bag, doesn't mean it has a burrito in it. I can put whatever I want in it. Right now, for instance, it has a bag in it.

Each of the next five words were spoken louder, more emphatically. "A bag in a bag?" I could hear confusion in his voice. "That's just...

...stupid. What a waste. Did it at least come with a burrito, one that you ate already? Or maybe a coupon for a burrito?"

No. Sorry to disappoint you, shatter your image.

"It's right in the name, man. Would a cherry pie be a cherry pie without cherries in it? No! Would a bee hive be a bee hive without bees in it? No! Would a bike rack be a bike rack without bikes in it? No. See where I'm going? You need to put the burrito in the burrito bag."

I just got it yesterday. Maybe next time.

"It's just so disappointing..." His voice trailed away and I noticed the brush waving as he moved off and up the hill.

It you've ever been to The Local Bikestand, you've probably seen Diana's Cat on a Bike burrito bags for sale. There are some with snazzy patterns hanging from a rack, but being just a regular, plain guy, I wanted something a little more understated, and I asked Diana if she could make me a simple green and orange one - a combo that would match up with either the gravel bike or the mountain bike. Mid-week I got the text I had been waiting for - "your bag is ready." During Friday Night Bikes I picked it up.

It is a good sized bag, and will hold Clif Bars, cameras (smaller ones), peanuts, bike repair stuff you might need on the trail. You can stuff your windbreaker in it, along with your arm warmers when the morning heats up. If you weren't concerned about it getting all shook up, you could carry a big can of your favorite brewed beverage in it. I suppose the real test, though, will be when I make a run up to Rincon Azteca or, maybe, Chipotle and see how it holds up as a real Burrito Bag.

PS: You can order other types of bags too. On Instagram check out catonabikebags to see examples of different types.

Comments