Savage

 It seems to be word of the moment right now, does it not - Savage. Anything, it seems, is potentially savage. Some celebrity, whose name I just don't get, dances around and shakes her booty and it is called savage! Someone cooks, admittedly, a really good meal and, though the food is inanimate, it is still somehow savage! Do not words already exist to describe what those things really are without twisting the meaning of an already existing word until it no longer resembles what it once was? 

Ferocious, fierce, wild, untamed, terrible, beast, brute, attack, maul, mangle, and among the many words that might be used in place of savage, in other words they are synonyms. See, a ferocious plate of food? Naw. A brute dancer shaking her booty? I don't think so. Ever hear of a savage view, I am sure someone, somewhere has referred to a particularly nice view as savage, but I think stunning might be a better choice of adjective.

This:


Is the kind of view I was looking for yesterday, but waited too long and missed the chance - Frankish Peak, loosening her shadows and letting them slip down her front to the floor.

Are those little teeny-tiny red and green plants, and the rather distinct line of demarcation between them, savage? Probably not, but they might think my riding over them is.

Now that, I must admit, is pretty savage! Evening rides often are hard to beat.

Comments

  1. "Savage"? I haven't heard that one! "Sick" is a word I could never relate to, referring to awesome, cool, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's another one, although it has been around longer.

      Delete

Post a Comment