Monday Blues: Nothing But Blue Skies


"...Never saw the sun shining so bright
Never saw things going so right

...Blue skies
Smiling at me
Nothing but blue skies
Do I see

Bluebirds
Singing a song
Nothing but bluebirds
All day long..."
(Berlin)

A person could get spoiled with too many weekends that look like the past weekend did. After one beautiful ride I woke the lounge chair from its winter slumber, checked its ability to recline, took a cold beer from the fridge, closed my eyes and fell asleep. I'd still be there but someone's snoring woke me, or maybe it was the sun hitting my face or, maybe, the dog on my lap. Whatever. Irving Berlin, and Ella Fitzgerald who sang the words, must have had days like this in mind - they sure got it right. Nothing at all wrong with these blues.

jump that fifteen foot gap? no thanks!

a big valley

the fig trees are leafing out nicely, and are full of ripening fruit





The Monday Blues has been an occasional feature here at the blog since inception; the blues, an emotion, a color, a genre of music, with a cycling twist.

Comments