Is Keepin' Me Waitin'

"We can never know about the days to come
But we think about them anyway
And I wonder if I'm really with you now
Or just chasin' after some finer day

Anticipation, anticipation
Is making' me late
Is keepin, me waitin'..."

I couldn't have said it better than Carly Simon. It has not been the rain, or the cold, or the still dark of evening that has, thus far, kept me off the bike all week. Anticipation is what did it - there is a time change a comin' in a few days, Saturday / Sunday to be exact, and that is what is keepin' me waitin'. I suppose the thinking is opposite of the autumnal time change when I try and cram as much daylight riding into a week as possible, with the knowledge of a full five months passing before the sky will be light after work again.

Now that I can see that light, streaking the western horizon with a golden gash the past couple evenings, I can put off forcing myself out of the warm house after work. I don't mind those cold winter evening rides (in a better than nothing kind of way), but November, December, January and February are quite enough of that - it's time to move on. This right here (from a year ago) is what I am anticipating now:


an evening ride with the sun in the sky!

Comments