It's the Weekend: Get Up and Go

 Ugggghh! I sure hope the weekend progresses better than it started.

"...Go ahead and take a ride
No telling what you'll find...
So get up and go..."
(Caffey & Wiedlin)

The problem is, today, my get up had to make do without the go. My energy didn't drain away, it was absent from the beginning. I'd hoped to get up to West Palmer Canyon and turn down on the old road and see what I could see. Getting there proved more of a struggle than it has been in a long, long time and, though I did accomplish the goal the old road was virtually impassable (ie. unrideable) by virtue of innumerable fallen trees and encroaching brush. I limboed under the biggest of 'em, but after that dropped the bike and continued afoot. I might'a continued on down, searching for, oh, I don't know, maybe an old motorcycle or something, if not for one tick crawlin' up my leg, and the promise of more in some thick brush across the trail just ahead.

Ah well, there's still another two days to seek out adventure, discover something interesting, or at least enjoy some good riding.

Get out there, an' get at it.

does that mean i count as wildlife?

limbo time

ah, that stuff, trying to hide itself amongst the Ribes

Ribes californicum

the old West Palmer Canyon road

oak

oak


the camera just did not pick up the sparkle - the rock in the foreground (and the dirt around it) is covered in flecks of mica

somewhere a little tyke is missing his right Van

Comments