It's Just a Little Baby

No, if I were talking about him (you know who) I would have said big baby.

Anyway...




Typically speaking I tend to go around metal things I find in my path of travel. Often, I do this for good reason. After a certain indent a couple years ago, I skirt around those steel vault covers in the middle of sidewalks - for instance. Over in the spreading grounds there was this bit of barbed wire right in the middle of the path; it was pretty obvious and, though I couldn't tell if any barbs were sticking up, I have made a habit of skirting around it. A pretty straight line path has a sudden swerve right were that bit of rusted wire lay. I had become so familiar with the spot that I could almost ride blindfolded and feel right where I needed to make a slight shift of weight to take me around it. Well, this day a little bit of snake was lying right there too, soaking up the morning sun, almost a mimic to its steel brother. Since I was stopped anyway... "I might as well toss this to the side" - the wire, not the snake. No need to go around now.



Comments