Monday Blues: A Crummy Plan

 Wait a minute, are those what I think they are? I had to hang a u-turn to confirm. Oh man, that's a bummer. Two crumb donuts - on the ground. That's... well, it's crummy is what it is. Recognizing it for what it was, though, a perfect Monday Blues feature, I whipped the camera from my pocket for a quick photo.

Initially, I didn't believe it was anything more than that, but as I continued up canyon, a picture, a wider conspiracy began to form in my mind. I mean why would a couple donuts be in the middle of the road? The more I pedaled, the more clear the picture became. It had something to do with that group of riders at the top of Golden Hills Road - that was it; had to be! They had been up canyon too, a few minutes earlier, with the usual little competitive sprint to the top. Some one of those riders had seen their opportunity to improve their usual other-than-first placing, packing a couple round, holey cakes in their pockets, or maybe from a string around their neck, waiting for just the right moment. Sprinting away, opening a gap and then unseen, dropping them to the ground. It was a potentially good plan - cyclists, donuts - surely they would stop, and the win would be secure. 

Well... since the donuts were still there, I am guessing things did not go quite as planned. Such a waste, such an awful waste.


The Monday Blues has been an occasional feature here at the blog since inception; the blues, an emotion, a color, a genre of music, with a cycling twist.

Comments

Post a Comment