Monday Blues: Nasty Lip


That's it. That's the far-too-recessed utility cover that ended my Sunday morning ride. I don't know of anyone who remembers all the flats they have suffered. Without causing undue strain to my brain I can recall two of note - one, while riding out in Saugus, when I picked up an especially long nail which, by the time I came to a stop, had become twisted around the tube and tire like a pretzel. Then there was the one at the Tour of St. George, where I was battling for a podium spot; like yesterday's that one, too, was the familiar double puncture of a pinch flat. Like most of the others, however, I will forget about this one as well - eventually. I will remember the spot for some time, however -  heading west on Harrison, just a few feet beyond Berkeley. That's a nasty lip on that crater. I think we need some orange paint circling it, at the least.


The Monday Blues has been an occasional feature here at the blog since inception; the blues, an emotion, a color, a genre of music, with a cycling twist.

Comments