Ulterior


Ulterior. Frequently, though not always, ride plans and routes around here revolve around ulterior motives. After yesterday's mtb ride left a leakage of too-old tire sealant puddling on the garage floor from a trio of goat-head thorn punctures, I knew a visit to the Competitive Edge would be in order. I knew I needed to save time in the afternoon for that, but a new helping of sealant was not the ulterior motive. 

No, the ulterior motive was supplied by Kansas and the Pretenders, both of whom have new albums out (I forgot about the Jayhawks - that one will have to wait for next time), and provided as good a reason as any to include a spin through the Village, and a stop at Rhino Records, on the way home. Then again maybe the ulterior motive was the fine summer weather which, lately, has given me a hankerin' for a cool smoothie at the Jamba Juice. Either one, or in this case both, worked just fine today.

I am not saying that I would not have gone out just for the sake of riding, but why not kill the two, or three, birds with the one stone when the opportunity presents itself. Besides, with my front wheel now good as new, there is always tomorrow to "just ride."

ah yes, splashing in the fountains - a fine summer past-time




I really hope they don't close

bikes...

attracting bikes


Comments