All the Way Over on Cold

All the way over on cold. It could refer to the way I rode today - not good, in other words; the heat didn't help but, I suspect, the lack of distance rides so far this year had a far greater impact. All the way over on cold; it used to be the first thing I would do upon returning home from a 100º ride was stand at the sink and let the cold water run over my hands, now I just make a bee-line for the shower and turn it all the way over on cold.

I followed in SC Velo rider back into town; at Bonita and Indian Hill he pulled over just short of reaching the intersection. I must have been too heat-addled to connect the dots, get the reasoning, until he said "on days like this you gotta take the shade wherever you find it. Truer words... A few minutes later the narrow shadow cast by a power line pole provided some minimal relief as I waited for another light to change.

But hey, I'm not complaining, at least I made it out, and was riding well enough to make it look like most of the other riders out there were heading in the other direction, if you know what I mean. 

It is going to a terrifically hot weekend, but that does not mean you need to waste it sitting around. Get out and suffer a bit, and when you get back home...

turn it all the way over on cold.

Tamera said we should stop here each time we pass by, not sure if she meant the times I also pass by solo, but...

La Verne gets it - closing down this little bit of street so restaurants can extend seating to outside

heading back into Claremont

Claremont could close down this one block, or two, north of First Street, with little negative impact. But would they?

Comments