Beach Crunching


Limited time, but I did want to ride somewhere other than this hot valley. The West Fork was a possibility. On the other hand, it is bikini season over 't the coast...

I am not sure anymore what prompted the obsession, but there was this one year, maybe even 1974 when it was released, I really wanted to get the Beach Boys Endless Summer album. We must have spent time at the beach that summer, or something, and a spark was lit in my imagination. Anyway, October came around and mom asked what I wanted for my birthday. When I said I wanted the Endless Summer, she was like "really, that's it?" I'm not sure what she made of my answer to her question, it was the first time I had ever asked for any music but, at the appointed time, off we went to Two Guys (kind of like Target, but before Target existed for those who don't know), where I got my first, and only, Beach Boys album.

Yeah,

"The West coast has the sunshine,
And the girls all get so tanned
I dig a french. bikini on Hawaiian island dolls
By a palm tree in the sand

I been all around this great big world
And I seen all kinds of girls
Yeah, but I couldn't wait to get back in the States
Back to the cutest girls in the world

I wish they all could be California girls..."


lets give a round of applause to all the people out doing some beach clean up today, including members of BSA Troop 553

the daily report





the tower at Sunset Beach

along la Bolsa Chica strand

sand yoga

i am sure there is a "how many does it take" joke in there somewhere

bridge over the entrance to Anaheim Bay and while i do appreciate a visit to the coast...


There weren't any mountains, excepting those we saw in the distance, but the thirty-miles from Liberty Park  to Seal Beach, the down the coast through la Bolsa Chica, and back made for a nice relaxing ride anyway. Well, maybe not the part when Tamera's rear tire blew out, but we were almost back by then.

Comments