It's the Weekend: Go Forth and Discover

He was stretched out across the road, or at least his half of it. Oblivious to his sun bathing at this late hour of the day, and doing my best impersonation of driving in Ireland (on the left side of the road), I did the "ay carumba" far too late to doing anything about it, passing close enough for his tongue to swipe both wheels as they passed. There was no noticeable reaction and I let out a "whewwwwww," thankful that he was stretched out, flat and relaxed rather than coiled, tensed and ready to strike. He was completely unconcerned, barely a flinch disturbing his repose, even after I turned around for photo time. A couple shots later, having grown bored, he decided enough was enough, and he turned and and slid into the brush.



someone's having great fun [?] making dirt piles

between the trees

the view up canyon

been a while since last i did a centerline photo

I was backpacking once, my early teens, and found a black, long-hair wig lying in the middle of the trail - "what the heck; all the way out here in the middle of nowhere, someone lost their wig!" I am sure I must have said, or thought, something along that line. Naturally, and being a dumb kid, I picked it up and, after just a moments thought, put it on under my hat.

I don't think I would do anything like that these days - I mean, yuck, someone's old wig but, back then, it was worth a few laughs at least. 

These days I am much more content to find the various creatures and critters we share our beloved trails with, be they rattlesnakes, los tres coyotes, deer, quail, rabbits, doves, heck even those maddening squirrels. It is the weekend - have a fun time discovering things on your own local trails.


Comments