Monday Blues: Still Standing


My first thoughts when I surveyed this scene were littered with words like abandonment, bereft, discarded, and forsaken. After all, the landscape was big, the bike was small and alone and, down in the bottom of a riverbed, left where you would not normally expect to see one.  Numerous pedal rotations later, the thought crossed my mind that, perhaps I was was looking at it the wrong way; I mean couldn't the opposite image be just as true. Perhaps the picture should include words like steadfast, survivor, perseverance, still standing:

"... Don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever did
Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
I'm still standing after all this time
Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind

I'm still standing yeah yeah yeah..."


Comments