Friday Fix-It


I know I am late to the party in relation to the new bike repair station at the Claremont Hills Wilderness Park. Being laid up, sick, and in bed on the day of the dedication did not help, but I feel I would be remiss if I did not post about it also. Multiple groups and individuals, including members of the Claremont Senior Bicycle Group, the Upland Chamber of Commerce, and the Claremont Rotary Club donated funds to purchase the repair stand with tools and the heavy duty pump. After that volunteers got busy assembling and installing the components, near the existing bike racks, at the Wilderness Park entrance. The repair station is a welcome addition to the city's network of bicycle transportation improvements, making it easier for riders to stay mobile on the trail or road, and thanks go out to all who made it happen.

Comments