SoCal Cross: It's Torture


Like you, I look forward to the start of a new season, and the following three months, of cyclocross with anticipation bordering on fanaticism. So when the opening of the season was cancelled I kind of drooped a little. Then, when I found myself unable to make the new "first" race I drooped a little more. I was starting to look like a dog out in the rain, all droopy-eared, drop-tailed, and dejected. Then the Anza Crossing began to loom up on the calendar - "yes, now we can get this thing going" I thought. Tail doing some serious wagging kind of dog was there in the mirror. Alas there will be no cross again this weekend - Anza Crossing postponed until some future date. When I read the news a couple days ago someone asked what was wrong, said that I looked kind of down. Today someone said I looked like a hound that had lost its bone, all sad-eyed, drop-tailed and forlorn.

Ah well, that three month season appears as though it is becoming two, but like that faithful dog that always greets you when you come home, I have hope that this thing called cyclocross in southern California will get going without any additional hiccups, and when it does I will be there slobbering all over it.


Comments