Monday Blues: A Swinging Post-Ride...


Wouldn't it be nice to stretch out in a nice comfy hammock beneath a clear blue sky following a long ride, especially if it involved some intense training intervals? Put your head back, close your eyes, let the warmth of the sun work its magic on your tired legs. Let a gentle breeze rock you into a comfortable apathy. Some months ago students at Pomona College found themselves treated to a few hammocks strung up in a newly landscaped gathering area. Many days I pass by on my way home and almost always see them empty. It was on one of those days that I decided those hammocks needed to be tested. They passed. I wonder if they will be left out over summer, or put away for safe-keeping. I also wonder if an enterprising student will start a hammock-side cold beverage service (hint, hint).



Blue: A color, a mood or emotion, a genre of music. Tune in each Monday for another installment of the Blues, with a cycling twist.

Comments