CicLAvia: Familiar Faces...

Even in that mass of humanity riding every which way, some fast, others slow, wearing big hats, no hats, costumes, masks, capes, enough swirling colors to make you dizzy if you look too hard, it is still possible to pick out people you know as they pass by. These were just the ones I managed photos of:

some of the Milly's Riders were there, opting for an easy day

one of the PVBC ringleaders

a familiar Claremont face (one of many from the home town)

Tall Bike Jason, aka. BicycleFriends Jason

the PVBC holding down their corner of the route

What did you think of the new routes? I dug being able to experience different parts of the city from previous cicLAvia editions. Down to USC / Exposition Park, up to Chinatown, and out to Boyle Heights are not normally places I get to see with any kind of frequency. 

Once again it was nice to take the train, and not have to deal with driving or parking. However. I really would have thought Metrolink might have been more in-tune with the whole experience by now. The two bike cars, plus the regular cars, became filled to capacity during the 7:30am run into Union Station, so that people were turned away when they tried to board. Kind of a let down, especially when the next train does not come along for another 2.5 hours. Thankfully I was not in that group, and I hope that everyone eventually made it downtown and had a good time.

I've got plenty more random shots from the day, and I will get some of those up in the next couple days.

Comments

Post a Comment