Banana a Day...

We have all seen fellow riders carrying bananas, usually in a jersey pocket, though normally not quite so many as this guy...


We have probably come across a smashed banana in the roadway, or along a bike path, at one point or another (whenever I see one like that, looking all sad and burst at the seams, I can't help but think of Breaking Away)...


I have never been fond of carrying one with me - they just get too ripe, too quickly for my taste. Turns out there is a very good reason to pack one in your jersey pocket; so put those bananas back in their place, leave it long enough to become extra ripe. Ride around - 60, 40, 20 miles, they don't take long to ripen and cook. Better yet, if you don't like that warm mush, mix 'em into an ice-cold smoothy when you get back home.

Comments