Upcoming: Rider Appreciation Day @ Golden Road...

Sometimes in the process of writing this blog I am presented with a minor quandary. On occasion I may write about my experiences using a certain product, feature a local business or service, and most of the time I derive no benefit from doing so. It is like providing free advertising, and I don't get anything out of it. When whatever it is I happen to write about is cycling related I really don't mind - I figure it is providing a service, spreading the word to others in the cycling community who might be interested. And that has been good enough. 

In the spirit of that thought, Golden Road Brewing in Atwater Village is holding a Rider Appreciation Day on Sunday August 26th. There will be complimentary bike valet, Golden Road and New Belgium beer, and between 11:00 and 1:00 you can kick back with your pint and watch the final stage of the USA Pro Cycling Challenge. Free bike bells to the first 100 who show up, and a New Belgium Fat Tire beach cruiser raffle. Best of all, proceeds from the $5.00 raffle ticket price will benefit the Bicycle Kitchen. If you have spare parts around the house or garage, bring them - there will be a collection bin for the BK, and you will receive a raffle ticket for each donated part. Sounds like a fun afternoon.

The Pub at Golden Road is located at 5410 W. San Fernando Road, Los Angeles, CA 90039. Bike racks are available everyday, the complimentary valet will be available between 11:00 and 2:00 the day of the event.

Comments