¿Lost? Out There?


¿No way!?

But I checked the Upland Police Department website and their FB page anyway. Then I did a general Google search - "missing," and "Upland." Nothing, no results. I was less than half way through the evening ride when I came upon a couple of teens Out There, claiming to have been lost out there since Sunday. It was now Tuesday evening. Two plus days of being "lost" in the summer heat? Lost Out There, where there is a house in view, from just about any vantage point? Lost Out There where the sound of revving engines can be heard from any number of bounding roads, where cheers from the soccer fields often punctuates the air?

The only thing I believed about the story was that they were pulling my leg, or the wool over my eyes, or whatever more current phrase for trying to fool someone might be. How long had they been hatching the plot to trick the first person to come along? They weren't disheveled, nor the least bit dehydrated. 

Then again, why was one walking around with nothing more than socks on his feet? And one of those ripped enough to be not a sock?

So to be safe, as already mentioned, I stopped and checked my phone.


Comments