The March Doldrums

 Never mind the Ides of March, it's the March Doldrums you want to be wary of. The time change is riiiiiggght therrrre, so close. And that is the problem; we're five days into the month and I've only ridden once. What's the deal with that - discouraging weather? Naw. Overtime work? Heck no, and bit your tongue for even thinking that. Under the weather? Nope. It's the March doldrums, i'm telling you. On any given work day, five-thirty starts to come around on the clock, and I think, okay, I really should be able to make it out tonight. By the time I pull into the garage, though, something has changed. While any real or imagined excuse might do, the one that usually settles the matter is that the time change has got to be coming up soon so, I guess I can skip tonight. And then "tonight" becomes the next two or three nights, and then some rain comes in and before you know it, a work-weeks worth (there's a tongue twister) of riding has disappeared. Just holding, just waiting, not riding.

Ugh, March 10th is so close, and yet, it is also so far. T minus five days, and counting.


Gimme some light, all I want is some light.

Comments