Monday Blues: Lost Weekend

The start of a fourth day with Covid, and finally feeling somewhat better, at least enough to open up the computer to see what has been going on in the local cycling world. Bloody gashes, broken bones, dislocated joints, I can deal with and keep going, keep riding, but catching a little germ or virus just knocks me down and wipes me out. I had five pages to read, to finish off the latest book addition to the library, and it took three days to do so. Wimp. 

So, the various local artisans shows I look forward to each year were wiped from the schedule. A farewell ride, a bike build - gone. To make matters worse, the dog got into some homeopathic stuff belonging to the mrs Sunday night, had to be made to vomit, and then rushed to emergency. (He's his normal self again this morning, trying to trip me down the stairs, but had us more than a little worried last night.) In addition to shopping for my food demands, serving, cleaning, washing, walking the dog, and then all that emergency stuff, she still managed to get a ride in - whoa, the real wonder woman.

Giving, as the mrs did without seeming end, not complaining about the drama of a lost weekend, is what this post is really about. Giving. Another thing I missed out on was the annual bike build. From the photos I have seen, the many Psycho-lists, Cycling Connection, Girls Gone Riding people who participated in the build were on a record-setting pace. Thanks to their efforts a lot of kids out in the Fontana School District are going to be the happy recipients of brand new bikes.

A hearty "well-done" and a big round of applause to everyone. 

Comments

Post a Comment