Oh, Flowers and Blood


Had a double celebrity sighting in the great outside this morning - one a local with a special knack for naming trails, the other The vintage guy - good to see he still rocks it on the older model mountain bikes.

-*-

You know, sometimes you'll be riding along and spot a little twig in the middle of the trail just a ways ahead and you don't give it any thought because it is so small you'll just ride right on over it and it will crack and snap and that will be all there is to it. Then, a couple seconds later you're about to do just that and then aaiieee, that's not a twig, it's a little bit of a snake, and you throw your weight to one side or the the other to keep yourself from riding right on over it.


Yup, it is that time of year, little bits of snake abound, and flowers are going wild, which is making the bees very happy, and keeping them very busy.

"...Oh, flowers and blood
Build up a new me of flowers and blood
Flowers and blood,
Build up a new me of flowers and blood...

I'll eat me a bowl full of secret and mud, yes I will
If you build up a new me of flowers and blood,
Say you will..."
(Sobonya)






Comments