Weekend C&V: An Old Rickshaw Bicycle


You know, ever since I first walked through the gate on the weekend they opened up, Noren's Nursery has been a favorite Claremont Village destination. Whether it is to search out a new cactus or succulent, perusing their selection of unique pots and ceramics, or the often very cool patio and yard accoutrements, Noren's is almost always a must stop when I am in that area of the Village, and every time I do stop in, there is something new to surprise. Years ago there was this old iron fireplace; I hemmed and hawed, and eventually someone else snapped it up. 

Then today I noticed an old rickshaw tricycle, though it took a while to realize what I was looking at. First I noticed some fenders parked on the seat, thinking, hmm that's curious, I wonder what those are doing there. Only then did i notice the rickshaw - weird i know, right? I mean how could i not notice the big thing first? Anyway i think it would be cool to know the provenance, where'd it come from, how old is it, is there some significance to the star on the side? Did it come from Vietnam? Cuba? Or was it US Army?  Refurbishing it would be a great project; even the frame for the shade canopy is there, just waiting for some colorful material. Finish it off with a fresh coat of paint, and some cushions.

But then what would i do with it?

Remember when Claremontian Cab carried folks around the Village? That was more than ten years ago. Any entrepreneurs want to give it a go?


Comments

  1. You should definitely get this. I can see you and/or Tamera taking people around town talking about the history of the place and pointing out great places to eat or shop as well as especially nice landscape designs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment