Cycling Claremont: I Like Pie, Revisited

 

Way back in December 2012 I did a Cycling Claremont post featuring I Like Pie which had just opened their doors a month earlier. Ten years on, I have discovered these hand pies that are baked at the shop, and man are they perfect for bringing on a ride. I packed about half of one in my camera bag when I went off to the race at Southridge on Saturday but, being otherwise busy, didn't eat it. That worked out well because then I had it to eat during my ride in the Out There later in the afternoon. And mmmm, was it especially satisfying and welcome by then. And still in one piece, that after having been carried around all morning and then stuffed into a jersey pocket later.

I have no idea if I Like Pie makes their handpies year-round, but the tart taste of the winter berry one makes me hope that they do.

The Cycling Claremont series of posts highlight some of the local businesses and points of interest I have been known to frequent because I like what they offer, because they are bicycle friendly, or because they provide something unique or interesting, and which visitors to Claremont may also like.

Comments